Most of my documentation is under a non-disclosure agreement, so I’ve provided samples below. Identifiable references to companies and clients have been redacted.
- Approving Orders in Review — Knowledge base article about getting unstuck from the “In Review” state of Microsoft 365 license orders in a reseller’s dashboard. Identifiable references to the reseller have been redacted.
- Blocking and Purging Spam in Microsoft 365 — Knowledge base article about dealing with spam for a specific Microsoft 365 client. Identifiable references to the client have been redacted.
- Changing Barracuda Password — Instructions for clients that want to change their password in Barracuda, their email security gateway.
- Processing Expired Assets — Knowledge base article about processing expired PCs (assets) that we’ve received back from the client. Identifiable references to the company and client have been redacted.
- Transferring an Existing WordPress Site to cPanel — Knowledge base documentation for transferring a client’s existing site from their hosting provider to one of our cPanel servers.
- Whitelisting and Blacklisting Emails in Barracuda — Instructions for clients who want to whitelist or blacklist their emails through Barracuda, their email security gateway.
From 2019 to 2020, I volunteered as a newsletter contributor for Write the Docs, a community of people who care about documentation.
- A tale of two careers — Article for the Write the Docs’ September 2020 newsletter
- Gathering documentation feedback — Article for the Write the Docs’ July 2020 newsletter
- Getting more info from SMEs — Article for the Write the Docs’ May 2020 newsletter
- How to set priorities on a documentation team — Article for Write the Docs’ February 2020 newsletter
- “You”-sing the second person in documentation — Article for Write the Docs’ November 2019 newsletter
- Feeling like a fraud and how to deal with it — Article for Write the Docs’ October 2019 newsletter
- Using writing tests when hiring — Article for Write the Docs’ August 2019 newsletter
- Blanket Ghosts — Partially true story I wrote and performed for the June 2016 Vancouver Story Slam. I was that month’s winner.
- Free Tickets to Purgatory — Partially true story I wrote and performed for the July 2016 Vancouver Story Slam. This story won 2nd place.
- What Do Architects Do? (PDF) — Infographic that illustrates how ARCHHIVE frees up more time for architects
- MedIT Performance Report 2011 (PDF) — MedIT’s annual performance report
- Videoconferencing Room Guide (PDF) — Illustrated guide for the Island Medical Program’s videoconferencing room