Note: Knowledge base article about processing expired PCs (assets) that we’ve received back from the client. Identifiable references to the company and client have been redacted.
[Company] lease assets to [client] and replace them every five years. After an asset replacement, the branch must send us all the expired items.
- Unbox returned assets to double-check the asset numbers. Sometimes the label on the box doesn’t match the asset number inside.
- Log into the inventory management system and search for the expired asset you unboxed. Click the asset number.
- Update the location of the asset. If you don’t update the location, [client] will still continue to be charged for possessing the asset.
- Change the Client from [client] to [company].
- Change Location to Inventory.
- Change Lease Price and Support Price to 0.
- Fill out the Comments text box with the date of the replacement, your initials, and the asset number of the replacement (e.g., 2020-10-06 KD: Replaced by [asset no.]).
- Delete all the items listed under Software.
- Check the Parts section to see if we ordered any special items for the user other than the standard parts.
- Log into the branch server.
- Open Active Directory Users and Computers.
- Locate the expired asset and delete it.